- Make educational and career choices that are in alignment with their preferences, values, skills, and interests;
- Confidently choose leadership roles when working with teams;
- Exhibit improved communication as a team leader; and,
- Continue education after high school at an institution to help achieve their career goals.
Through interactive activities, discussion, practice and reflection, participants work through the following questions with their peers and CCL staff throughout the week.
- How do your values impact your actions?
- How does your personality impact your actions and how do you like to work with others?
- What do you want to do with your life and how do you get there?
- How do you clearly and confidently communicate your thoughts and ideas?
- What is your responsibility to make the world a better place?
The students are subsequently putting what they’ve learned into action as they work in partnership with a nonprofit organization to complete a community service project. Each project team is assigned a mentor to encourage participants to reflect on what they’ve learned and set practical goals.
Graduation will take place on August, 2009 as participants share what they learned while working with their teammates on their service learning project. This occasion allows the students to celebrate their success with community leaders, family, friends and CCL staff.